Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yummy Easy Potatoes

I kind of made these up, I saw something similar on a food show.

6-8 Potatoes, washed, I use red or yukon
6 Tbls olive oil, divided
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Wash potatoes, dry off. Put in microwave safe bowl, I use glass. Pour 2 Tbls. Olive oil over potatoes, cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 12 minutes. You want the potatoes to be cooked through but not mushy. Now heat up a skillet. Smash the potatoes with a meat tenderizer, bottom of a glass, rubber mallet, rolling pin, whatever works for you. You are just squishy the potato down flat basically. Then transfer to skillet. Pour remaining oil over potatoes in pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other seasoning you want. Cook in skillet on med-high heat until the potatoes begin to brown and get crunchy. These are wonderful. Even my picky eater likes them.

No comments: