Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Challenge Request

I know I never really post anything here. I blame it on feeling a little lacking in culinary knowledge in comparison. I'm ashamed to say, I make almost nothing from scratch. But I gain so much from lurking here. And because of that I have a request... I don't know if I need to go through Farmwife for this or if it is kosher for me to just throw it out there like I am here (just let me know Farmy, if I'm going about it all wrong) But I'd like to post a new challenge or topic...

We just bought a freezer. And I am on the hunt for good freezable meals, snacks and tips. I figure this will come in handy in about a month or two when I become a new mom with very little time on my hands.

I'll start things off tonight when I get home with one of my favorites that I've found so far for Freezable Cheese & Potato soup.

2 comments:

Mim said...

When I had my first son I did a lot of make ahead freezable cooking. I would do things like brown extra ground beef and freeze it. Bake chicken, shred it and freeze. Make up two lasagnas and freeze one. Cut up onion and freeze. A lot of casseroles can be made up an frozen in advance. If they have noodles don't cook them all the way or at all and just add extra liquid. Hope this helps, I will try to post a few freezable recipes.

Kork said...

Zann - I am a product of make & freeze...my mom ROCKED at it...I'm with mim...brown, drain, bag & freeze ground meat, cook a chicken, divide it and freeze it...all that kind of stuff. BUY the 30-Day Gourmet, or the Once a Month Cooking book...