Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hummus

I've never tried hummus before tonight. After going through recipe books I found a recipe for hummus wraps..This one happens to be from Weight Watchers. The family thought it was great for their first time trying (except Pixie and Dragonboy who've had it before store bought)

1 15 oz can of chick peas/garbonzo beans
1 T of Olive oil
2 T of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 t of ground cumin
1/4 t of salt
2 cloves of garlic

Blend above ingredients in blender or food processor. Serve with baked pita shells or tortillas, or spread on a wrap.

Not sure what to label this under so feel free to put one on FarmWife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's not a very good recipe, I'm afraid. It lacks the second most important ingredient which is tahini. Try my recipe and tell me how it went
http://humus101.com/EN/2006/10/14/hummus-recipe/