Sunday, October 7, 2007

French Toast Casserole

Okay, so I've been on the sidebar since two days after this started and as of yet have not added my two cents! I came up with this about a month ago when it was "breakfast soufle'" night and I really didn't want it, but had all the eggs and the loaf of white bread (ewwwwww), and diced ham to use up. This is the one and only time you will see white bread in my house!! My family loved it and so did I!Enjoy!

1 loaf white bread, torn into small pieces
1 dozen eggs, beaten
1 C milk,
2 8 oz blocks cream cheese, diced
2 C chopped ham (I buy the bag already chopped)
1/4 C sugar (I use raw)
vanilla and cinnamon to your taste
maple syrup

Combine all ingredients except maple syrup and pour into 9X13 dish with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees "until done"! I think it baked about an hour or so, but it may have been more or may have been less. I just kept setting my timer for 15 minutes until it was done so I lost track! I'm bad about that!! This stuff smells amazing while it cooks! Serve with maple syrup on top and fruit on the side! Yum!

No comments: