Friday, October 12, 2007

Steamed Potatos

Last night, I made my family's favorite potato dish. This is so easy and yummy! The leftovers are good cold and reheated.

1 Large Russet baking potato cut into a 1/4 to 1/2 inch dice
1 Large Sweet potato cut into a 1/4 to 1/2 inch dice
1 Small yellow onion coarsely chopped
3 pinches Renaissance Rub
EVOO

*I found this three years ago at my local H-E-B grocery store. They no longer carry it, but I still have at least 2/3 of the tin left. A little goes a long way!! The $6 price tag did alarm me at the time, but it has been a great investment.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO. I probably use three tablespoons for this recipe. Put the potatos and onion in the pan. Sprinkle the Renaissance Rub over the entire concoction. Stir it around. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low to low. Let cook until the potatos are done but not soggy (for me this means about 15 minutes).

I have to say this. I hate sweet potatos and very nearly did not try this dish when it was presented to me several years ago. I am so glad that I did. My husband is also a sweet-potato hater, and he didn't want to try this, either, but I talked him into it. We both love the dish. It is super easy to throw together in a hurry and is now one of our go-to sides. I even made this at Thanksgiving to rave reviews!

No comments: