Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Welcome to the Farm Kitchen

In the past I've posted recipes on my other blog and borrowed recipes from other blogs. I thought it would be nice to have a central location to share what we're cooking up. If you're intrested in joining us, please leave a comment. The more the merrier!

To start the party I thought I'd share our favorite summery drink while it's still warm enough to enjoy it.

Fruit Tea

3 Cans Pineapple Juice
4 Gallons Tea
1 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Quarts Hot Water
11 Cups Sugar (yes, you read that correctly. Eleven cups of sugar. This is a Southern thing)

Dissolve sugar in hot water. Combine all ingredients in a 5 gallon drink cooler & serve over ice (do not add ice to the cooler as it will water it down too much).

If you're not trying to hydrate a small country, you can cut this way down. I tend to use one can pineapple juice, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, and enough sweet tea (1 cup sugar to 2 quarts tea) to top off a gallon jug. The pineapple flavor is stronger, but we still like it.

3 comments:

emily said...

This sounds reaalllly good. Is there an Add-Booze option?

Grace said...

I was sooo hoping that the south hadn't been so engrained into your very being.... after reading this, I now know that we've lost you to the dark side forever!!

Queen Mother said...

You may be in trouble now.
This was a secret recipe and now the FBI or CIA ot Black OPs will tract you down.