- 1 lb ground beef (can use 2 C cooked stew meat if you like, the ground beef makes it fast!)
- 1 C frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1 tsp dried thyme (I used fresh last summer, and it was too strong, even cut way back!)
- 1/4 C half-and-half (I use whatever milk is on hand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 C mashed potatoes (great way to use up leftovers, or a reason to keep instant around)
- 1/4 C chopped parsley (I use dried, because I'm too impatient to chop fresh)
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 C hot prepared beef gravy
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F
- Grease a medium casserole or deep quiche dish
- Brown and drain ground beef, or cut stew beef into bite-sized pieces and place in casserole
- Top with veggies and thyme
- Mix half-and-half with salt, pepper, egg, and mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and mix.
- Spread potato mixture over beef, drizzle butter over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until filling is hot and top is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Top each serving with gravy.
It is, in fact, what's for dinner tonight!