Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fluffy Fruit Pie

Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 Servings

1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, divided
1 Graham pie crust (6 oz) I prefer a larger crust because this pie has LOTS of filling.
1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1 C. cold milk
1 pkg. Lemon or Vanilla Instant pudding
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Extra Creamy Whipped Topping, thawed & divided

Spread half of the cherry pie filling in the bottom of crust.

Beat cream cheese in large bow with hand mixer until creamy. Gradually add milk, mixing well. Add pudding mix & beat until well blended & fluffy. Gently stir in half of the Cool Whip; spread over cherry layer in crust. Cover with layers of remaining Cool Whip & cherry pie filling.

Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.

I picked up this recipe from the Cool Whip tub for the first time 2 weeks ago because I wanted something cool & fruity for desert. I made it and by the next day, FarmBoy finished it all off. So I picked up the ingredients again last week and made it on Saturday. FarmBoy walked into the kitchen and said, "You're making that again? You don't expect me to eat that pie too, do you?"

I laughed at him & went back to work. That's when he noticed the cream cheese. FarmBoy hates cream cheese! "That has cream cheese in it?! Are you trying to poison me?!" Yes, that is my grand plan. Death by confection. Gonna' collect that insurance all because of a dairy product I sneaked into your desert.

Just goes to show, you never know what you'll get him to eat as long as he's in the dark about it!

1 comment:

Kork said...

Does FarmBoy really think that these things will poison him? Is your MIL really that established in her cooking that she will not use things, even to this day? OY!