Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Legendary" Fruit Casserole

Thus named for the restaurant I worked in during my late teens/early 20's. We served this & it was a HUGE hit. Most people were offset by the idea of a warm fruit casserole, but if you think of it like a cobbler it's much easier to deal with! And this is not for the diabetic among you!

4 C. Crushed Pineapple (canned)
4 C. Diced Peaches (canned)
4 C. Brown Sugar
4 C. Crushed Club Crackers
1 Stick Melted Butter or Margarine

Drain fruit. Layer 2 C. of each fruit, followed by 2 C. brown sugar, then 2 C. cracker crumbs. Drizzle 1/2 the butter over top and repeat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold (I prefer warm).

This makes enough for a pot luck dinner or a large group. While we served it as a side dish, it's excellent served with vanilla ice cream as a dessert.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm going to try this tonight to serve to my bunko buddies.

Lauren said...

Served it... they liked it! I made half the portion, though. My pyrex was only so big. :)